Ph.D., Material Science and Engineering, University of Pittsburgh (2010-2015) Dipl.-Ing., Materials Science and Production Engineering (Maschinenbau, Mechatronik, Materialtechnologie)Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen (2005-2009)
2015 Presidential Scholar Award from the Microscopy Society of America
2015 Briks MSA Award
ANS, TMS, ACerS, AIST, and ASM International
- J.M.K. Wiezorek, C.Liu, K. Zweiacker et.al. (2016) Nano-Scale Spatio-Temporal Resolution insitu TEM and Numerical Modeling of Rapid Solidification Microstrute evolution in Al Alloys after Laser melting. Microscopy and Microanalysis
- K. Zweiacker, J.M.K Wiezorek et.al. Determination of crystal growth rates during rapid solidification of polycrystalline aluminum by nano-scale spatio-temporal resolution in situ transmission electron microscopy. Journal of Applied Physics
- K. W. Zweiacker, M. A. Gordillo, C. Liu, J. T. McKeown, G. H. Campbell, T. LaGrange, B. W. Reed, J.M.K. Wiezorek (2015) Quantitative Phase Analysis of Rapid Solidification Products in Al-Cu Alloys by Automated Crystal Orientation Mapping in the TEM – Microscopy and Microanalysis
- Can Liu, Kai Zweiacker, Joseph T. McKeown, Thomas LaGrange, Bryan W. Reed, Geoffrey H. Campbell, Jörg M.K. Wiezorek (2015) Quantitative Determination of Thermal Fields and Transformation Rates in Rapidly Solidifying Aluminum by Numerical Modeling and In-situ TEM Microscopy and Microanalysis
- Ye, C. Telang, A. Gill, A., Suslov, S., Idell, Y., Zweiacker, K., Wiezorek, J.M.K., Zhou, Z., Qian, D., J. M. K., Mannava, S., Vasudevan, V. (2014). Gradient nanostructure and residual stresses induced by ultrasonic nano-crystal surface modification in 304 austenitic stainless steel for high strength and high ductility. Materials Science and Engineering A.
- Joseph T. McKeown, Andreas K. Kulovits, Can Liu, Kai W Zweiacker, Bryan W. Reed, Thomas LaGrange, Jörg M.K. Wiezorek, Geoffrey H. Campbell (February 2014). In-situ transmission electron microscopy of crystal growth-mode transitions during rapid solidification of a hypoeutectic Al–Cu alloy. Acta Materialia
- Kai W Zweiacker, Can Liu, Andreas Kulovits, Jörg Wiezorek. (October 2012). Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) based automated orientation imaging for metal/alloy-matrix (m/a-NPC) nanoparticle composite characterization. Talk presented at the annual meeting of Materials Science & Technology, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Kai W. Zweiacker, Can Liu, Andreas K Kulovits, Joseph T. McKeown, Bryan W. Reed, Thomas LaGrange, Geoffrey H. Campbell, Jorg M.K. Wiezorek. (February 2014). Effects of Composition and Thermal Gradients on Rapid Solidification Microstructures in Hypoeutectic Al-Cu Alloys. Talk presented at the annual meeting of Mines, Metals, & Materials conference, San Diego, CA.
- Kai W Zweiacker, Can Liu, Bryan W Reed, Thomas LaGrange ,Geoffrey H Campbell ,Jörg M. K. Wiezorek. (February 2014). Crystal Growth Mode Changes during Pulsed Laser Induced Rapid Solidification in Nanoscale Thin Films of Al-Cu Eutectic. Poster presented at the annual meeting of Microstructure & Microanalysis conference, Hartford, CT
- Kai W Zweiacker, Can Liu, Bryan W Reed, Thomas LaGrange ,Geoffrey H Campbell ,Jörg M. K. Wiezorek. (February 2014). Capturing the dynamics of pulsed laser induced melting and crystal growth during rapid solidification of Al-Cu alloys with unprecedented spatio-temporal resolution in-situ TEM. Talk presented at the 18th International Microscopy Congress. Prague, Czech Republic
- Z. Balogh, K.W.Zweiacker, Y.Zhang, A.Jung C Flotgen, G. Chahine, A. Dommann, R.Erni, H.v. Kaenel, A.Neels. (2016) HRXRD analysis of bonded Si/Si interface, Acta Crystallographica Section A
- J.T. McKeown, K. Zweiacker C.Liu J.M.K.Wiezorek et.al. Time resolved In-Situ Measurements During Rapid Alloy Solidification: Experimental Insight for Aditive Manufacturing. (2016) JOM